Kurdistan Institution for Strategic Studies and Scientific Research (KISSR) has hundred of projects every year. The projects are development and research projects from small, medium, and large size projects. These projects are mostly co-funded the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, International donors, such as Erasum+ Programme, IREX, The Nahrein Network, Orange Knowledge Programme, and etc.
The most important key projects of KISSR are:
- Erasmus+ Transfer of Good Practices & Reinforcement of Internationalisation Strategies in Kurdistan (TIGRIS)
- Erasmus+ Key Action 107 – Mobility with the EU Countries
- Environmental Health Assessment in Sulaymaniyah City and Vicinity
- Consequences of War in Halabja province
- Documenting and Analyzing Local Archives and Oral Knowledge about the British Colonial Period